Thursday, April 1, 2010

And I lov'd her that she did pity them.

My life certainly isn't that exciting. I don't have a high-stress corporate job. I don't have a lot of (any) money. I don't do really fun things, throw fancy parties, or anything that really distinguishes me from the crowd. And yet, I am unique. I am me. Sometimes I'm funny, sometimes sad, sometimes just boring.

I absolutely love my life. I wake up in the morning (feeling like P-diddy) with a beautiful little girl snuggled in my arms. She lazily opens her sweet brown eyes and smiles. "Hi Mommy." Her angelic voice touches me to my soul, and I know my daughter is the most beautiful and special gift I've ever been given. We snuggle in bed for a little while, and then, we begin our day. I make her breakfast, which she usually takes at her table by the window. She's like a cat, and can't resist the sunlight streaming through the window.

While she eats breakfast, I sip coffee and watch the news, listen to the radio, or read the paper. The news, regardless of the fact that it is usually full of evil and pain, doesn't dampen my mood. It's not that I don't care about the calamity in the world, it's that I have lulled myself into a security. It isn't a false security, as I know anything can happen, it's just a knowledge that I have to live like I'm dying. No one is promised tomorrow, after all.

I'm by no means the perfect parent, and readily admit that my daughter loves to watch TV every now and then. Usually by the time she's done with breakfast, we play with blocks or something in her room, then by twelve, she is ready to watch some TV. Always Chowder, lately. It's not educational, but it's funny. I enjoy the show, and I don't really think 30 minutes of mundane food jokes are going to mess her up for life. I just don't believe that way.

Actually, as I type this, we're almost done with Chowder, and I'm getting ready to throw the dishes in the dishwasher, and go outside for awhile. In beautiful weather, it's a shame to be stuck indoors, and I am so blessed that I don't have a job and I get to spend these precious hours with my sweet baby girl. I admire women that work outside the home, but I love being home with my daughter. I don't think either way is right or wrong. Different strokes for different folks, ya know? But yes, I love outside play. One of the joys of apartment living is that we have a playground right outside the home. We have a department store within walking distance, and there is plenty of space to play, to just run and be a kid.

The downside of apartment living? Noise complaints because my two year old cries in the middle of the night. Do these people think I enjoy waking up at 2 AM to fetch precious cup? Cause I don't. And no one has offered me a workable solution either. So glad we're moving in June.

For right now, duty calls. I'm going to change this big, stinky diaper, dress for play, and head outside for a few hours.

Man, I love my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment