Friday, April 23, 2010

I once was lost, but now I'm found. Was blind but now I see.

As you know, I've been looking for a jogging stroller. I found one! It was advertised on Craigslist for twenty-five dollars. I got the pictures, and though a bit faded from the sun, it was in good condition. SO, the lady and I made plans to meet each other on Wednesday night at 6:00 PM at an Outback Steakhouse.

The lady sends me the address, and I sit around all day waiting patiently for the time to go and pick up my new ticket to fitness. Jon gets home from work, I jump in a hot shower, and we head out. I plug the address in my Tom-Tom. Great! We're 43 minutes from our destination, due to arrive at 5:48 PM. We chatted happily as we navigated the turns and exits of Northern Virginia's messed up interstate system. Ilyssa was napping in the back in her carseat. Everything was hunky dory. I was excited...

Fast-forward 43 minutes. We're at Manassas Battlefield Park. While this place is very cool, it is clearly no where near our destination, even though the Tom-Tom said we'd arrived. Brilliant me decided to forget to write down the lady's number. I told Jon that since we were on Lee Highway, and the address was for Lee Highway, we would just keep driving until we find the Outback. We drive for about fifteen minutes, and we stop at a convenience store to ask if there is a nearby Outback...To make a long story...not as long...we had to stop twice more before we ever found the Outback, and I had someone check my email and get me the lady's number. WE WERE AT THE WRONG OUTBACK. We were in Centerville, at least twenty miles from our destination.

Jon was grumpy, I was upset, and Ilyssa was awake and tired of her carseat. So, after almost two hours, we FINALLY find the place. The guy is super apologetic, and he ends up giving us the stroller for fifteen dollars. And wouldn't you know that our TomTom would die and our TomTom charger would crap out and we were in Fairfax, VA, with no idea on how to get home.

Our friend Eli is a really great guy. He called, and Jon explained that we were lost. After a few questions, Eli had us going to a Walmart by using Google maps and zooming to street view. Honestly, if not for him, we would have spent most of the night lost. Walmart had our charger, and TomTom guided us home, safely, even if it was, by that time, ten thirty at night.

It was a long day, and it was frustrating, but it had some really great moments.

I love my life, but I hate being lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment