Monday, April 19, 2010

If you judge people, you have no time to love them.

I'll admit, there were a few minor glitches in my perfect weekend. I can't really even begin to dwell on those, though. I mean, I had good company, good food, and good shopping. Can a girl truly ask for more?

Before I get into my perfect weekend, I'll sum up the few glitches. Ryan's buffet was out of food and our service was horrible, Creepy guy in Buzzy's playpark watching the kids (he got up and left when security showed up....we were the ones that got up and left to notify security), having to buy a 16w bathing suit top to fit over my dang breasts, and the racist lady in Dollar Tree.

The beauty of my weekend? Saturday, Jon had EMT class. The instructor's wife is truly my new best friend. Her name is Jennifer, and she is the best. She and I spent the day shopping and gossiping. Ilyssa loves her. I've always believed a child can tell a lot about a person upon first glance, and if that is true, Jennifer and Bobby (her husband) are truly wonderful people. I think so anyway, but Ilyssa is really taken with them. Especially her Jemma. She was so thrilled to see them, and this coming Saturday, she's going to be like..."Where's Jemma?" We ate at Allman's BBQ, which is absolutely amazing BBQ. We shopped at Kohl's and the Mall and Wal-mart. She bought some adorable Bermuda shorts. She was afraid that she looked like an old lady, but Bermuda's are all the latest crave, and I think they make her look younger and hipper. I got Ilyssa two outfits, got Jon three shirts, and got myself an outfit. Most of it was on clearance, the rest of it was on sale.

Speaking of Kohl's and Sales....If you sign up for Kohl's email alerts, you get a five dollar in store coupon. If that isn't enough go here http://www.facebook.com/#!/kohls?v=wall&ref=ts and become a fan. You can enter your story of savings on the receipt contest and be entered to win a 100 Kohl's gift card. How cool is that?!?! Kohl's is a really awesome place, and I feel their clothing is so great in price and quality. You just can't beat them.

Okay, Sunday. Sunday was my birthday. I'm 22 years old, and I feel more like fifty. Anyways, Jon made me breakfast that morning. It was delicious, then told me he was taking me out to shop. This is super exciting to me, because my wonderful Mamaw sent me some birthday money. I bout a crock-pot for 19.99. It was marked down from 44.99. I was so excited. I've been wanting one forever. I also bought those Wonder Hangers you all see two posts back.

After Kohl's, we went to Target. This is another of my favorite stores. This is also where I got my bathing suit. Like I said, it is a 16W, but it is cute, does fit me well, and was on clearance for 9.98. This is also super exciting to me. I think I'm going to dub myself Clearance Diva. It seems appropriate.

My total savings this weekend, with clearance and sales, was 216.19. That's pretty remarkable, I think. Especially considering I didn't even spend 150.00. Yay me. I didn't even begin to tell you guys what all I got.

For Jon
Helix Shirt
2 Apartment 9 shirts

For Ilyssa
2 pair of Capris
2 shirts
Kite
Bubbles

For Me
(I'm not selfish, it's my birthday money!)
5 shirts
1 pair of Union Bay shorts
1 make-up thing (Marked down from 20.00 to 11.00, hurry to Kohl's and get yours)
1 bathing suit

For the House
2 packs of Wonder Hangers
1 Slow Cooker
2 Reusable shopping bags








After all the shopping, we came back home and had pizza from Pizza Hut. Eli, Kim, Caroline, and Angel were here, and though we didn't do anything super exciting, it was so nice to just be among friends. I hope our friendships continue to grow, and though I miss my family back home, I'm really glad I had a few special people to share my birthday.

I love my life.

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! You got some awesome deals there. Love the crock pot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following my blog, I am following yours too. Cute clothes!

    ReplyDelete